The project will focus on supporting the inclusion of disadvantaged learners in school educational paths through Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) methodology.
The project has 5 OBJECTIVES:
- Deepen understanding and use of AAC methodologies in school contexts;
- Offer an EU space for peer-to-peer learning and reflection;
- Review existing and create new tools to support the use of AAC;
- Training teachers/professors/educators;
- Spreading knowledge, sharing results to promote AAC at school.
These objectives will be reached through 3 main intellectual outputs.
Intellectual Output 1 – Research and state of art. It will consist on a working paper collecting best practices and excellences for modelling methodologies useful for Output 2.
Intellectual Output 2 – AAC training module for teachers. Instructional goals will include:
- creating awareness
- imparting knowledge
- and assisting teachers to develop and use AAC methodology within their classrooms.
Intellectual Output 3 – Toolkit: AAC friendly school. The toolkit that support:
- and other relevant stakeholders
in creating inclusive environments (schools) with AAC methodologies.
If you want to know more about partners of AAC@school project, follow this link: http://www.aac-school.eu/partners/